Clara Build Guide

  • Element: Physical
  • Path: The Destruction
  • Role: Sub DPS (Counter) or Tank
  • Recommended Skill Level Priority: Ultimate > Talent > Skill > Basic


Clara is a 5* Destruction character that is only available via gacha, her playstyle is extremely reactive and mostly consists of waiting for enemies to attack her or her allies to proc Counters.


Basic: Nothing much to talk about here Clara has the same normal attack as most other characters do, and ideally, in a hyper-carry team for Clara you do not want to be using her Basic. Additionally, since you will most likely be applying Mark of Counter to enemies, your skill will have its damage improved this means there will be even less of a reason to use her Basic.

Skill: Deals Physical damage to all enemies on the field and if enemies have a Mark of Counter applied to them it deals additional Physical DMG. You will most likely want to be using this skill every turn you get with Clara to help with energy generation for her Ultimate and most likely the enemy should have a Mark of Counter already applied to them.

Ultimate: Clara’s Ultimate applies an additional 20% DMG reduction and greatly increases the chance of being attacked for 2 turns. In addition Counter receives additional effects such as when an ally is attacked it procs Counter and its multiplier is increased by x% while also dealing damage to enemies adjacent to its main target. With how this skill works you will most of the time want to have a relatively low SPD stat to have a high uptime on your buffs.

Talent: Clara’s main source of damage and what defines her gameplay. It provides Clara with a flat 10% damage reduction and Counters enemies marking them with Mark of Counter. It also has all 3 of Clara’s Traces tied to it, when attacked Clara has a 35% fixed chance to remove a debuff applied on her, increases CC debuff resistance by 35%, and increases the damage dealt by counters by 30%. You will mostly want to have March 7th on your team to draw aggro toward Clara in order to take full advantage of her Talent.

Note: A minor detail to keep in mind is that Clara’s Counter is considered a Follow-up attack.

Team Comps

When it comes to Clara’s team compositions March 7th is almost always a must, due to her ability to provide both aggro drawing and shielding, because Clara wants to have aggro drawn to her she prefers not to be paired with characters that can draw aggro to themselves such as Gepard who innately increases his chance to be targeted with his Traces and Trailblazer (Fire) who can apply taunt to enemies forcing them to attack TB (Fire).

  • Clara: DPS
  • March 7th: Shielder/Taunter
  • Natasha: Healer
  • Tingyun/Pela: Damage buffer/Debuffer

In this team, Clara acts as the main damage dealer of the team and as expected is paired with March 7th to help draw aggro onto Clara. Natasha fills in the role of a healer to keep everyone’s HP topped off. For the final slot in this team, almost any type of Support can fill this slot although Tingyun gets a special mention due to being able to help with Clara’s energy generation and ability to apply long-lasting damage buffs.

Relics and Stats

Relic Sets

1. Champion of Streetwise Boxing 4pc
2. Champion of Streetwise Boxing 2pc + Musketeer of Wild Wheat 2pc
3. Musketeer of Wild Wheat 4pc
Planetary Sets

1. Space Sealing Station
Main Stat
Body: Crit Rate/Crit DMG
Boots: ATK%
Planet Sphere: Physical DMG
Link Rope: ATK%

Sub Stat Priority
Crit Rate = Crit DMG > ATK% > SPD

Champion of Streetwise Boxing 4pc: Currently Clara’s BIS relic set as it is mainly catered toward Physical Damage dealers.

Champion of Streetwise Boxing 2pc + Musketeer of Wild Wheat 2pc: An alternative set combo you can go for during the early-mid game.

Musketeer of Wild Wheat 4pc: This relic set has been recommended since you will most likely be farming multiple sets of these for supports, just keep in mind that the SPD given by the 4pc set effect is not ideal as Clara would prefer to not have high SPD.


E1: Using Skill will no longer remove Marks of Counter on the enemy, while in theory having Marks of Counter being permanent is a good effect, in practice, you will unfortunately not be taking several turns on Clara since you will ideally be running low SPD and will often be able to easily reapply Marks of Counter before Clara’s next turn.

E2: An extremely straightforward and great Eidolon that increases Clara’s ATK by 30% for 2 turns after using Ultimate.

E4: After Clara is hit, the DMG taken by Clara is reduced by 30% This effect lasts until the start of her next turn. A decent Eidolon upgrade that helps increase Clara’s survivability.

E6: After other allies are hit, there is a 50% fixed chance to trigger a Counter on the attacker, this also increases the number of Enhanced Counters by 1. The real highlight of Clara’s Eidolons mainly for its increased number of Enhanced Counters helps increase the amount of DMG Clara is able to output, the additional chance to trigger Counter when an ally is also a nice touch in case Clara is unable to draw aggro.

Recommended Light Cones


Something Irreplaceable The Moles Welcome You Nowhere to Run


On the Fall of an Aeon

Something Irreplaceable: A premium 5* light cone that is available via gacha. This is Clara’s signature light cone and its effects clearly reflect that as all of them synergize well with her kit. Its first effect increases the wearer’s ATK, while its second effect immediately restores HP equal to 8% of the wearer’s ATK when the wearer is hit or if an enemy is defeated. At the same time, the wearer’s DMG is increased by 24% until the end of their next turn Clara is able to easily take advantage of its second effect as she prefers to be hit and is able to draw aggro to herself.

On the Fall of an Aeon: A F2P 5* light cone that is available in the Herta Shop and can be upgraded to superimpose 5. Its first effect increases the ATK of the wearer by 16% (superimpose 5) whenever the wearer attacks and stacks up to 4 times. At max stacks, this light cone can reach a grand total of 64% ATK at superimpose 5; however, the ATK buff gain from this light cone may take a few turns to set up as it requires the wearer to attack an enemy. Its second effect increases the wearer’s DMG by 24% (superimpose 5) for 2 turns after the wearer applies weakness break onto an enemy, while this is a strong effect it provides nothing if you are unable to apply weakness break to the enemy.

The Moles Welcome You: A 4* gacha-only light cone that aims to increase the wearer’s ATK., When the wearer uses a Basic Attack, Skill, or Ultimate to attack enemies, the wearer gains one sack of ATK buffs. While this light cone may seem good on paper due to its relatively high total ATK increased when fully stacked, Clara is, unfortunately, unable to gain full stacks for this light cone as her Ultimate does not deal direct damage to enemies leading you to have a maximum of ⅔ stacks when this light cone is used on Clara. Another important thing to note about this light cone is that it will require you to use your Basic ATK to gain 2 stacks which may lead to an overall DPS loss in shorter fights.

Nowhere to Run: A 4* Destruction light cone that is available from the gacha and battle pass. It increases the wearer’s ATK and restores HP equal to their ATK if an enemy is defeated. While this light cone is available in the battle pass we do not recommend taking it as there are better options in the battle pass such as Carve the Moon and Weave the Clouds.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *